Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Neither earthquake or hurricane or no electricity or flooding can keep the faithful at Holy Spirit down. Today there was a short and very sweet "Sending-off" service for me at church. It was perfect in every way. I so appreciate everyone's kind words, which directly speared my heart. Thank you one and all. Thank you also for the cards and the gift certificate to a spa and makeover place in Annandale. I will so look forward to indulging myself upon my return.

I am almost completely packed and ready to go. I even printed off the express tickets for the cruise.

Tomorrow I will go to St. John's in Somerville to be with one of the communities, which sponsored me for my ordination. I was at St. John's for 2 1/2 years before coming to Holy Spirit. I will see Deacon Joanna George who was with us at Holy Spirit during her internship year. We still see each very often.

Thank you Father Philip for the wonderful "sending of" service. I feel extremely blessed to be your Deacon; more than you can ever imagine. I felt your love and I am humbled by it.

Johnine

No comments:

Post a Comment