Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Well, my bags are packed and I am ready to go!!! Yikes!

One week at home, that's it for me. I am leaving tomorrow at around 5pm for Montreal and then off across the big pond to London. I will then take a bus to Oxford where I will spend the night at a local B and B. Then on Saturday morning, the 1st of October, I will take possession of a Ford Focus and pray that all will go well as I drive the country side to my little stone cottage, "Twinkle Toes". If you can believe it, the weather forecast for Oxford for the next several days is sunny and warm (82/84 degrees). Can you believe it?
On this trip, I will be alone for a week and then Don will join me the second week to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary. There will be no clocks to tell me I have to get back on the ship at a certain time. There will be more freedom in this part of my sabbatical. I am preparing myself to read more enriching books such as Finding God in All Things: A Companion to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius and Meeting God in Quiet Places. Can you see a running theme?
There will be wifi capabilities at the local pubs and the library in a not too distant village, according to the owners of the cottage. So hopefully I will be able to communicate more than I did while on the cruise.
Everyone be well and I hope to tell you what is happening in my little area of the Cotswold, outside Oxford. I will be in the village of Lower Oddington. I will be worshipping with some folks that visited Holy Spirit in the spring on Sunday, October 2nd at their church, St. Bartholomew's in Wootton Bassett. This will be my first excursion driving on the left hand side of the road. I hope to practice some before I leave the car rental place. Pray for me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment